HONOLULU CLASSICAL BALLET SUMMER INTENSIVE 2017
JUNE 19 - JULY 28, 2017
Educate. Train. Inspire.
Honolulu Classical Ballet offers two levels of summer training:
Summer Intensive Level A (Ages 10+):
2 week summer intensive, July 3 - July 14th, 2017
The Summer Intensive Level A Intensive will be led by John Lam, Principal Dancer with Boston Ballet. There will be an emphasis on strong classical technical training in a rigorous workshop setting.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 5:00 PM-6:30 PM
- Early Registration: $475 for 2 week session (application form and $200 deposit due by Feb 28th, 2017)
- Regular Registration: $550 for 2 week session (application form and $200 deposit due by April 1, 2017)
Apply here: 2 week intensive program
Summer Intensive Level B (Ages 12+): 6 week summer intensive program, June 19 - July 28th, 2017
This level is designed for the serious ballet student who is interested in making significant improvements in technical training through exposure to world class master guest instructors. Students are able to work hands-on, one-on-one with guest instructors through personal coaching and mentoring to maximize technical potential and advancement in artistic growth and maturity over a short period of time.
- Curriculum includes: classical technique, repertoire, neo-classical, contemporary, pointe, ballet history, nutrition and injury prevention, and Pilates.
- Summer Intensive Finale Event: Level B students will showcase their work at the end of the summer intensive finale event on Friday, July 28, 2017 at HC Ballet Studio. Time is TBD.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 1:00 PM- 4:30 PM
- Early Registration: $2650 for 6 week session (application form and $500 deposit due by Feb 28th, 2017)
- Regular Registration: $2850 for 6 week session (application form and $500 deposit due by April 1, 2017)
Apply here: 6 week intensive program
Entry into the program is by audition and invitation only.
Honolulu Classical Ballet students are accepted upon approval and are exempt from the DVD requirement.
Level A Students: HC Ballet students must be enrolled in Ballet Tech IA summer classes to be participate in this rigorous summer intensive. Visiting students must be enrolled in their home school’s regular classes to safely participate.
Contact email@example.com to make arrangements to audition for the HC Ballet Summer Intensive or to submit a DVD by April 1, 2017.
Barre work: tendus, ronde de jambes, adagio and grand battements
Center work: adagio, turning combination (including pirouettes en dehors and en dedans), petite allegro and grand allegro. Center work for girls in pointe shoes (if applicable).
- Early Registration Deadline: Feb 28, 2017
- Regular Registration Deadline: April 1, 2017
- DVD Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
- Final Tuition Due: May 15th, 2017
Summer Intensive Finale Event (Level B only): July 28, 2017. Time TBD.
Private Lessons: Our master guest instructors will offer students the opportunity for private lessons at $125/hour. Openings are limited and will be given out on a first come first serve basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.